Gulab Jaan-e-man! Heart Shaped Gulab Jamun with a twist !!!

Gulab jamun is one of the most common and the authentic Indian dessert which has been prepared in every Indian houses for all the special occasions. This time, I have tried the simple Gulab Jamun with a twist, I just wanted to show my love for my cooking, so I have prepared Gulab Jamun in heart shape, chocolate stuffed inside with a rose caramelised sugar syrup.




I have tried this for a Master chef Competition in my office and happy to announce that I have grabbed the first prize <3 I am super happy and thought to share my happiness with you by sharing the recipe.


INGREDIENTS:


For gulab jamuns:
1 cup Maida
1 cup Milk Powder
1 tbsp fine rava
1 tbsp Chocolate Powder
Pinch of baking soda and baking powder
Oil for deep-frying

For the sugar syrup:
3 cups sugar
Red-orange food colour(optional)
1 1/2 cups water
Edible Rose water

INSTRUCTIONS:

For making sugar syrup:
In a pan, dissolve the sugar in 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Simmer over a slow flame till the syrup is of 1 string consistency. Add food colour to it. Once the syrup has been cooled down add 3 tbsp of rose water to it.

For the Gulab Jamuns:
In a bowl, combine maida, milk powder, baking soda and baking powder, rava and mix well. Knead to a firm dough. Take the dough flatten it with palms, stuff chocolate powder in it again roll it and flatten it. To get the hear shape, cut it with a cookie cutter to get the perfect heart shape.

Slowly fry them in preheated oil, by moving them around so they are cooked evenly on all sides.

Soak these heat-shaped Gulab Jamuns in medium hot sugar syrup <3 Thats, it you heart shaped yummy looking Gulb Jaan-e-man are ready to serve <3

Below I have mentioned some pics for your reference <3





Lots of LOVE <3
Mamata Patil <3