Road Trip : And that too PERFECT…!

Thanks to Indiblogger and Ambi Pur for giving such a wonderful opportunity to share my experience with all.

 What do you think when the word ROAD comes in your mind. Street lanes, MG Road, or Highway.
This article is about the ROAD and does not tell anything about the destination. The Google India is flooded with articles on “destination”, that describes the place : like trip to Goa, trip to Kerala, trip to some Wildlife Sanctuary or lets say trip to Himalyas. The destination can be any. But there is one thing that is common in all the trips, the ROAD.
You will not find many articles that describes about the actual road and this article will be among the few that tells you about the road and how it made perfect trip.
Compared to flights or train, road trip requires guts. It requires spirit, determination and stamina to cover the journey by road. Your vehicle becomes your most trusted companion on road.
It was early morning Sunday, and I wanted to move out somewhere. My companion was my new Duster. Another  reason for this journey was to give my Duster a ride on the highway. I drove my Duster out of my apartment  and straight away headed towards the Mumbai Pune Expressway. 


 The destination was unknown. Rainy season, Mumbai Pune expressway and a smooth companion like Duster, you cannot demand anything more than this for a perfect road trip. Before leaving the town, I stopped near a roadside tea vendor to have a cup of tea.  A cup of tea was required to connect the neurons of my nervous system and I was all set for the ride. I also checked the fuel gadget, the fuel meter indicating the fuel level almost as full tank. 

I had also installed a new Ambi Pur refill on the air conditioner giving  my vehicle a heavenly aroma. ( Ambi Pur Facebook Page- facebook.com/AmbiPurIndia )




It took me less than thirty minutes to reach the Mumbai Pune Expressway and I was heading straight towards Lonavala at a speed above 100km/hr.



Light music  of Aashiqui 2 was delightful.  It was drizzling and rain wiper was moving briskly to remove the rain drops from the wind shield. I left the window slightly open and the throttling speed was gushing the moisture filled air on my face. I felt as if I was speeding in the air like a super human. You will find the journey in rain very different from the normal days. The vehicle in front of me was also moving at somewhat the same speed as of mine. The tyres, because of the speed, were catching the water on the road and converting it into a fog of water  thereby creating a very mystical affect. 



Soon I was in the Lonavala district and the sight was amazing. Thousands of waterfall all around you. Since I was not with anyone and there was no destination set, I diverted my vehicle off the highway into a small diversion. The diversion took me uphill. I was riding slowly and carefully understanding the risk. Green trees all around you, drizzling rain, and a sense of freedom. It was awesome. Just moving a bit ahead I stopped my vehicle as I felt that I had almost reached the end of the muddy lane uphill. 



I moved out of my vehicle , and walked towards the end of the cliff. And there I could see one of the worlds most beautiful view. A quiet big waterfall, all greenery and no human crowd. The site was amazing and I knew that it was just because of the rainy season.


 In normal days you will not find much over there. I took some deep breaths to fill my lungs as with as much as with the clean and fresh air around me. Took some beautiful snaps of nature from my iPhone. Journey like this becomes unforgettable.



 The reason, there is no destination, there is no time limit and there is no rules. After spending some time over there, I returned back to my vehicle and headed back to my home. I was happy as I had made my day in this short mind relaxing journey. 

Indiblogger and Ambi Pur, you guys are just awesome. 

Image Courtesy : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonavla